Thursday, May 22, 2014

Dance Event Bucket List

With over 2,000 dancers headed to NYC for the Frankie 100 this weekend, it got me thinking about attending dance events in general, and which I haven't been to yet and would like to check out. With so many around the world now, and the costs increasing for travel and whatnot, how do you choose?


My personal bucket list changes, but my top ones right now are places I have not been already and my opinions are based on those of dancer who have attended these as well as videos: Canadian Swing Championships looks like a fun party (someone mentioned an open bar), I love the track choices and energy of Inspiration Weekend, and have not tried out for The Balboa Experiment yet (is that how that works?).

So, where would you go, and why? I'd love to hear about your favorites, too, if you just want to say why you would go back to an event. Maybe I'll add some more to my short list.

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to go to Hot Rhythm Holiday next year. I'm really having trouble deciding whether to do dance or music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I had to look that one up. I haven't been to Austin since the Lonestar Championships were not part of Lindyfest. 2007? When you say dance vs. music? Do you mean you are in a band?

    ReplyDelete